Family Website About TNReady Score Reports
Every Student Succeeds Act
Career Forward Task Force
Personalized Learning in Tennessee
Tennessee’s STEM Strategic Plan
Districts and schools in Tennessee will exemplify excellence and equity such that all students are equipped with the knowledge and skills to successfully embark upon their chosen path in life.
The majority of high school graduates from the class of 2020 will earn some type of postsecondary certificate, diploma, or degree.
75 percent of Tennessee third graders will be proficient in reading by 2025.
The average ACT composite score in Tennessee will be 21 by 2020.
Tennessee will rank in the top half of the National Assessment of Educational Progress, the nation’s report card, by 2019.
Early Foundations & Literacy
Building skills in early grades to contribute to future success
High School & Bridge to Postsecondary
Preparing significantly more students for postsecondary completion
All Means All
Providing individualized support and opportunities for all students with a focus on those who are furthest behind
Supporting the preparation and development of an exceptional educator workforce
Providing districts with the tools and autonomy they need to make the best decisions for students
News & Events
- Tennessee Awarded $2 million To Implement Locally Driven Initiatives to Increase Career Readiness For Students
- Education Department Unveils Redesigned Report Card, Provides Better Information for Families
- Education Department Previews New Policies that Better Support Students
- Career Forward Task Force Maps out Next Steps to Ensure Graduates are Career Ready
- Personalized Learning Task Force Outlines Next Steps to Help Tailor Teaching for Each Student
- Tennessee Department of Education Launches Statewide #GoOpen Initiative