Please note the following information and observe the following procedures carefully if applying for the Title IV-E MSW/MSSW Tuition Assistance Program. Failure to fully complete and submit application materials by the deadlines listed could result in disqualification or delays to your admittance to the program.
To apply for the Title IV-E MSW/MSSW Tuition Assistance Program, the applicant must:
• be a full-time DCS employee. Priority consideration is given to team leaders (TLs) and team coordinators (TCs).
• have been employed by DCS for at least two (2) consecutive years.
• be in good-standing with the Department:
o not on probation at the time of application.
o no current or pending disciplinary action.
o no history of disciplinary action within the past three (3) years with any state agency.
• have received a Performance Evaluation (PE) within the past 12 months with a score of at least '3.'
• have been unconditionally accepted into an accredited or in-candidacy MSW/MSSW program at a participating university.
Please have all application materials submitted to Central Office prior to the following dates:
Fall Semester - July 1
Spring Semester - December 15
It is important those deadlines are consistent on all materials, etc., especially given the pressure on regions to get more MSWs on board related to COA.
Successful completion of each of the following documents is required for entry into the Title IV-E MSW/MSSW Tuition Assistance Program.
• Document 1: Application
• Document 2: DCS Approval of Participation Form
• Document 3: Authorization to Release Academic Information Form
• Document 4: A photocopy of your letter of acceptance into an accredited or in-candidacy MSW/MSSW program
• Document 5: Program Agreement
Please mail completed application packets to:
Department of Children’s Services
Title IV-E Tuition Assistance Program
c/o Sirena Bragg – Program Manager
Cordell Hull Building 7th Floor
436 6th Avenue North
Nashville, TN 37234
OR scan and email to:
After Having Applied: Applicants will receive notification of their status in the program. If accepted, the new participant will be required to complete and submit a Program Agreement between the DCS employee (the student) and DCS (the agency).