Administrative Services Division
The TBI’s Administrative Services Division is responsible for providing technical and administrative support to all areas of the Bureau.
- Professional Standards
- The Professional Standards Unit oversees all legal, procedural, and legislative issues related to the Bureau. The staff of attorneys ensures that TBI policy, decisions, and contracts are legally sound as well as handling internal affairs and acting as a liaison to the Tennessee General Assembly.
- TBI has been internationally accredited through the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA) since November 19, 1994. The Accreditation Manager is responsible for ensuring the Bureau maintains compliance with CALEA accreditation standards. The Bureau was successfully reaccredited in 1997, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2009, and 2012.
- The staff in Fiscal Services manages an estimated $65 million dollar annual budget for TBI. $38 million dollars of that comes from state tax dollars, while the remaining is self-generated or originates from federal funding.
- Human Resources
- This unit provides a full range of human resources support for the TBI. Management consultation services are provided in the areas of classification/compensation, performance management, employee relations, and affirmative action. This unit provides technical support for the processing of payroll, leave and attendance, benefits, workers’ compensation, and a variety of employee transactions. This unit also conducts on-boarding for new employees and ensures compliance with required state and federal employment laws.
- Internal Audit
- The office of Internal Audit helps TBI improve operations by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the integrity, efficiency, and effectiveness of financial and other management control systems. The scope of work determines whether the Bureau’s network of risk management, control, and governance processes is adequate and functioning to ensure a quality organization.
- Public Information Office
- The Public Information Office is the central point of communication between TBI and the public. The staff in this office act as the point of contact for the media and promote some of the TBI’s most high-profile cases and programs. Website development, speech writing, special promotional efforts, and the production of all outside promotional materials related to the Bureau are produced by this office. Visit the Newsroom by clicking the link to the left for the TBI’s latest news releases. Working journalists seeking information about matters involving the TBI should contact Public Information Officers Josh DeVine and Susan Niland at TBI.Media@tn.gov.