TENNESSEE STATEWIDE AMBER ALERT: Elizabeth Thomas | Click for details from TBI.
Sales Tax Relief Available to Sevier County Residents: More Information Here
Tax Returns Received by 3/31 Will be Considered on Time: Click Here to Learn More about TNTAP and Ask Questions

Approved Brands

Before a brand of alcoholic beverage or wine can be distributed in Tennessee, it must be registered with the Department.  In addition to the application and required tax amount, the following documents must be submitted:

  • A copy of the non-resident Tennessee license for the registrant (issued by the Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission);
  • A copy of the federal basic permit;
  • A copy of the brand label (if the brand is distributed under more than one label, each respective label must also be furnished);
  • A copy of the federal C.O.L.A. for each brand; and
  • The original Tennessee wholesaler contract with the exact brand name listed.

Each brand registration must be renewed every year by May 31.