Thank you for taking the time to write a letter of recommendation for a Governor’s Management Fellowship applicant. Those who are selected will be a part of an elite group of individuals who will be working closely with top leaders in State of Tennessee government. Your candid feedback about applicants will be critical for our selection process to identify the best candidates for these selective positions.
The individuals chosen should excel in academics, be campus leaders, and display a true interest in public service. For more information about the fellowship, please visit the FAQ section of the website or click here.
Recommendation letters must be submitted via the online recommender portal, where you can submit your name, title and upload a PDF version of your letter. Letters should be on official letterhead if possible, be no longer than one single-spaced page, and be a minimum of 11 point font.
The format of the letter is up to you, but we ask that you address the following:
- how long you’ve known the applicant and personal experiences you’ve shared with him/her;
- a candid assessment of their leadership abilities, professionalism, work ethic, and ability to work with others;
- her/her strengths, and speak to their moral character; and
- his/her interest in public service.
- Letters are due by 6PM EST on Monday, October 2nd. Missing letters of recommendation will render an application incomplete and the application will not be considered.
- Documents should be uploaded as a PDF.