FY13 Consolidated Application: Process and Procedures for Submission
Each local educational agency (LEA) is required to submit a
consolidated application to the Tennessee Department of Education
each year in order to receive federal funds. The application
supplies information on various federal programs. The application acts as a contract between the LEA and
the State. A condition of receiving approval of the Consolidated
Application is the completion and approval of the LEA’s
- Each LEA must submit an electronic copy of its application (via ELC) and an original signature page with all required
information (paper—cannot be faxed) to its assigned
ESEA Consultant in order to receive funds.
- Each ESEA Consultant will be responsible for
providing technical assistance to his/her assigned LEAs in
the development of the programs reflected in the application.
The programs contained in the application will reflect the
action plans developed and approved in the District Plan.
- In addition to the FY13 electronic Consolidated Application
files, each LEA must submit a completed Budget Worksheet and preliminary FY13 Budget Spreadsheet to its assigned
- The assurance pages are an essential part of the application.
The signatures on the first page of the application constitute
the LEA’s agreement and understanding of the assurances.
- LEAs that desire a beginning date of July 1, 2012 for their
consolidation project should submit the completed electronic
application files, original completed signature page, completed Budget Worksheet, and preliminary Budget Spreadsheet while working with their assigned ESEA Consultant by May, 2012.
- The application will be reviewed again by staff members of
the Office of Federal Programs as a part of a team reading
process. If changes are necessary, the assigned ESEA Consultant will consult with the LEA to make the necessary
adjustments to the application.
- To obtain final approval, the LEA must receive all green (or blue)
fields on the System Status Pages.
- After final approval, the Director of Schools will receive
written notification from the Executive Director of Federal
- If an application is not approvable, the Department will abide by EDGAR 76.401 by notifying the LEA of the Department's decision and the appeal process available under EDGAR.
- When allocations become final, the LEA will receive a grant
award signed by the Executive Director of Federal Programs
which will indicate the grant awards for all title programs
approved in the Consolidated Application.
- The final allocations for each LEA under each title program
will be posted on FACTS.
- When the LEA carryover amounts are finalized, the LEA must
revise its preliminary budget so that it reflects the
final allocations and any carryover amounts for each title
- The LEA must submit the revised budget to its assigned
ESEA Consultant by October, 2012. The Consultant
will conduct budget monitoring using the Budget
and Set-Asides Checklist.