Goals: Local Advisory Committees/Partnerships are as varied
as the needs of students and the interests of businesses in the community.
The necessary ingredients of a good committee/partnership are a genuine
concern for the education of children and an interest in creating a
linkage in which both the students and the business benefit.
The general goals of a committee/partnership are:
- To enhance the educational experience of all
students through greater exposure to the various resources, which
exist in business, institutions, organized labor, and organizations
serving the community.
- To involve businesses in those school programs
and decisions which will directly and indirectly benefit the business
- To enhance communication between schools and
businesses so that both have a more realistic view of the other
and a greater sense of common purpose
- To promote improved linkage between education
and the world of work
- To improve the quality of life in any town for all its citizens