Please check this page regularly for new professional development resources, tools and opportunities.
New Occupational Licensed Teacher Training
- Dates: The training is five days long and will be held the week of Jan. 5- 9, 2015
- Training Location: The training will be held at the Nashville Airport Marriott, 600 Marriott Dr, Nashville, TN 37214
- Time: Registration and breakfast will be from 8-9a.m. CST daily with sessions beginning at 9 a.m. each day.
- Meals: Breakfast and lunch will be provided each day during the training.
- Attendance: In order to receive credit for attending the training, all participants must attend the full five days. We value your safety and support your decision not to attend the training in the event of inclement weather. However, if you miss a day of training, you will not receive credit for attending and will be required to make up the training in July 2015. Your safety is of paramount importance, should you feel like you need to cancel, please contact Heather.Justice@tn.gov.
- Work Products: During the training, you will create several work products which may require work outside of normal conference hours. The products must be submitted to receive credit for this training. It is highly recommended that you bring a laptop computer for this purpose.
If you are traveling from out of town, we have reserved room blocks at the Nashville Airport Marriott, 600 Marriott Dr, Nashville, TN 37214 at the state rate of $139.
You may reserve your room online or call the hotel at (615) 889-9300.
When making a reservation, be sure to indicate that you are with the TN Dept of Education to reserve your room within the group block.
The cut-off date for hotel reservations for this group block is Dec. 15, 2014.
If you have any questions about your registration, please contact Heather.Justice@tn.gov.
Teaching Personal Finance: Training Requirement for Tennessee Educators
- Dates: Jan. 15-16, 2015, Murfreesboro
- 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (central)
- Training Location: Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU) Campus, Murfreesboro
- To register, please email your name, subject taught, school, email address, and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This two-day workshop will provide secondary educators and college pre-service (student) teachers with the training to meet the employment standard to teach the high school personal finance course. The session will allow educators to expand their knowledge of personal finance concepts and provide them with curriculum and supplemental teaching tools for use in the classroom. Participants must attend both days to satisfy the training requirement to teach the high school personal finance course.
Winter CTE Director Meeting
- Feb. 17-18, 2015, Nashville
Work-Based Learning Recertification Spring Deadline
- Monday, Feb. 16, 2015 (online submission)
Service Learning Training
- Date: Friday, Feb. 27, 2015
- Training Location: Cumberland County Community Complex, 1398 Livingston Rd., Crossville, TN 38555
Spring CTE Director Meeting
- April 23-24, 2015, Jackson
Institute for CTE Educators
- July 6-10, 2015, Nashville
New Occupational Licensed Teacher Training
- July 13-17, 2015, Nashville
- 2014 Tennessee School Counselor and Administrator Conference Presentations
- A New Look at CTE Standards
- A New Vision for STEM in Tennessee Middle and High Schools
- Helping Students Navigate: Graduation Focus of Study & Choosing the Right Pathway
- Increasing Opportunities for High School Students to Earn Postsecondary Credits
- Pathways TN Academic Career Coach: Expanding Career Exploration and Guidance
- Accountability, Budgets, Grants, and Industry Partnership Updates (Feb. 19, 2014)
- CTE Course Standards Review (Jan. 22, 2014)
- Work-Based Learning (Jan. 16, 2014)
- CTE Programs of Study 101 (Jan. 13, 2014)
- Resources for supporting teachers in Common Core State Standards for Literacy in Technical Subjects
- eTIGER Rubric Data Reporting Steps
- CTE Licensure
- Phase II: Unpacking CTE Course Standards Presentation and Worksheets
- Webb's Depth of Knowledge
- Literacy Standards Poster
- Looking at Student Work: Tuning Protocol
- Special Needs Students in Career and Technical Education
- How to Create Program Advisory Committees
- Rubric Tool Kit
- Helpful Website
- Tennessee Council for CTE
- TEAM (teacher evaluation)
- Common Core
- OVAE (Office of Vocational Adult Education)
- Perkins Collaborative Resource Network
- National Association of State Directors of Career Technical Education Consortium
- National Research Center for CTE
- The Source – TN Labor Market Information
- Tennessee Career Information Delivery System
- Online Educational and Career Planning Tools
- Association of Career and Technical Education
- National Alliance for Partnership in Equity
- George Lucas Non-Profit Organization
- Classroom Management Videos
- CTE Data Calendar
- CTE Director Contact Information
- CTE Director Manual
- CTE Director Matrix
- Matrix for directors employed prior to 2012-13
- CTE Director Responsibilities
- Programs of Study - Frequently Asked Questions
- CTE Report Card Definitions
- New Teacher Information Request Form
- 2014-15 Special Program of Study Application
- 2014-15 Special Course Application
- Courses Satisfying Multiple Requirements: Double Dipping
- 2013-14 National Industry Certifications (Diploma with Distinction)
CTE Teacher Licensure
- Licensure Requirements by Career Cluster
- Occupational License Endorsements
- Initial Occupational Educator License Requirements
- Initial Occupational Educator License Requirements Health Science
- Requirements to Advance to Professional Occupational License
- Occupational License Advancement Checklist
See the licensing pages for more information.
Attendance Records for New Occupational Licensed Teacher Training
Download certificates of attendance for the following dates: