CTE Data Reporting System - eTIGER
eTIGER is a Timely, Information, Gathering, Examination and Reporting CTE online data collecting system. It was officially implemented in October, 2005. The name eTIGER refers to the coordination in data collection between the state EIS (Education Information System) data and the eTIGER system. Beginning with the 2009-10 school year, eTIGER was merged with EIS and displayed the real-time reported enrollment data of EIS. EIS became the sole database for CTE students, teachers and classes.
The exciting part of this data collection system is that data editing and verification will be performed by each individual CTE teacher—the person who has the best knowledge regarding the data for each student. The teacher will attest to the veracity of the data. The CTE director in each school system will then be able to check the data from each system reporting and approve its accuracy.
Some benefits of online reporting are efficient management of time and resources, accuracy of data reported, budget savings and front-line data verification from classroom teachers.
- Data Reporting Updates
- eTiger Security Access Tips
- Class Data Reporting (December 2012)
- Open Enrollment Instructions (March 2014)
- Reporting CTE Concentrators (modified for 2013-14) (October 2013)
- Rubric Data Off-line Reporting (December 2012)
- Teacher Access Set-up
- Teacher Tutorial
- Student Certificates (June 2014)
eTIGER Access - I am a CTE teacher. Where do I get my userid and password to log on eTIGER?
CTE teachers will get their eTIGER userid and password from their CTE director. If the account has been locked out, please contact Tina McNeal at Tina.McNeal@tn.gov to reset the account access.
Data Reporting Support - Where could I get help for data reporting?
If you are a teacher, always check with your CTE director first. If you are a CTE director, always check with your Field Consultant first. Report all the other questions to the State. If you have an eTIGER or POS problem, email Tina.McNeal@tn.gov. For the class data report, refer to the Teacher Tutorial.
Follow-Up - In the follow-up data report, if a student is listed multiple times (in more than one CTE program), how does the LEA report the student's follow-up information?
Report this student only once and choose report under the CTE program that is most closely related to the follow-up placement information. Then “exclude” all the reminding records for this student.
Training - Can we have training for local staff that works with eTIGER? These staff members seldom attain the CTE meetings but are a vital part of completing the reporting task.
Yes, we are working with EIS to address the issues which the local EIS staff has with eTIGER. This will be online training which will include most common problems.
Other Questions - Where can I report a drop-out concentrator?
You may indicate a concentrator as "drop-out" at the "Follow-up Entry" screen column of "Comment". At the top of "Follow-up Entry" select the projected school year which this drop-out student was expect to graduate .
Timeline of Secondary Placement Follow-Up Survey
- LEA Follow-Up Survey Process - March 1 - 31, 2014
- LEA Follow-Up Data Entry - Due April 18, 2014
- LEA Follow-Up Survey Data Verification and Approval - Due May 15, 2014
Refer to the data reporting presentation.
CTE data reporting is an important responsibility for all CTE Directors and classroom teachers. Some of the eTIGER responsibilities of CTE Directors are as follows:
- Class Data
- Provide active CTE teacher list each semester (before school starts) for state to set-up eTIGER access to activate/inactivate teacher’s user-ID and password.
- Assure ONLY active CTE classes are reported in EIS.
- Train eTIGER users, including CTE teachers and support staff.
- Support LEA eTIGER users including CTE teachers and support staff.
- Assure the accuracy of reported class data.
- Approve entire system’s reported data.
- Other Data Report
- In the spring, select Program of Studies for all schools providing CTE courses for the coming school year.
- In the fall, update (if any) Program of Studies (selected in spring) for all schools providing CTE courses.
- In the spring, Report Follow-up survey results.
- Data Review and Report Card Check
- Data review for Consolidated Annual Report (submitted in December)
- CTE Report Card (published on-line in spring).
Resources and Support:
CTE Data Reporting Systems
- Help link in eTIGER (log in for access)
- Program of Study Application Instruction (log in for access)
- Special Program of Study Approval Contact: Melissa.Canney@tn.gov
CTE data reporting is an important responsibility for all CTE Directors and classroom teachers.
Regarding eTIGER, some of the responsibilities of CTE teachers are as follows:
- Obtain eTIGER user-ID and password from CTE director
- Verify CTE class data pulled out from EIS (report discrepancies to Director)
- Instructor information
- Class information
- Student information
- Class roster
- Credit earned
- Report student level data for each CTE class
- Foster Child
- Single Parent
- Competency Rubric
- Dual Credit
- Dual Enrollment
- Earned Credits
- Attest the class (inform Director when class data is completed)
Track reported data by clicking “Print Extract Class” or “Print Extract Standard#” at the bottom of the reporting pages to make sure that data are in “pending status” (or cells have turned into pink). Once entered data shows “pending status” DO NOT re-enter data.
Report immediately to CTE Division whenever the pending data are found not to be saved (be sure to provide system#, school#, course code, local class number, and student’s name or stateID for tracking request). Again, DO NOT re-enter data.
Resources and Support:
Data Reports available at eTIGER
- Student Competency Profile (“Table” link from Rubric report screen)
- Class Performance Data (“Print Table Class” button from Class Roster screen)
- Rubric Class Data (“Rubric Class by Student” link from eTIGER menu under “report”)
Log on Problems - Contact Tina McNeal
eTIGER Q&A - “Help” link in eTIGER
- CTE Director
- Regional CTE CORE Consultants