News & Events
In observance of National Depression Screening Day, October 8, 2015, the Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services is encouraging all adults, 18 years of age and older, to take a free online screening for depression. In Tennessee, it is estimated that more than 347,000 people over the age of 15 experienced symptoms of major depression in the last year, experiencing feelings of sadness, hopelessness, emptiness, or irritable moods that significantly interfered with their daily routines.
- National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day is Saturday, September 26
- Tennesseans Celebrate Recovery In September
- Agencies Partner to Aid School-to-Work Transition for Youth with Disabilities
- Mary C. Young Named Moccasin Bend Mental Health Institute CEO
- Focusing on Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Tennessee Recovery Churches to Reduce Substance Abuse